Throughout this notice, we refer to your “personal information” which means information which identifies you as an individual or from which your identity can be reasonably ascertained.
From time to time we will post any changes to this website privacy notice on this website. We therefore encourage you to check this page from time to time.
In addition to the provisions of this website privacy notice, there may also be specific and additional privacy provisions that apply to certain sections of the website. Because those specific and additional provisions also relate to your privacy protection, we recommend that you review them wherever they appear.
In the event of any inconsistency between the provisions of this website privacy notice and those other specific and additional provisions, the specific and additional provisions will prevail.
Latin Career Club follows guidelines as outlined by the Privacy Act and the National Privacy Principle in the Privacy Act.
What information is collected?
Latin Career Club may track and store the Internet Protocol (IP) address of your computer when you visit this website. We use this information to diagnose server issues, help with website administration and to gather basic demographic information. This information may include:
- the user’s server address
- the user’s domain
- the date and time of the visit to the site
- the pages accessed and documents downloaded
- the previous site visited
- the type of browser used
Additionally, personal information is gathered when you:
- fill out any form or email request to provide services which may be contained within this website or any of our social media channels (Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter)
- submit any messages or comments to us via the website – for instance via an email, and
- participate in any online assessment appearing on this website
- share your resume/cv, cover letter or LinkedIn profile with us for the purposes of the provision of our services.
We use Google Analytics to collect information about users behaviours on the Website. Google Analytics collects information such as how often users visit the Website, what pages they visit, when they do so, and what other sites they used prior to coming to the Website.
We use the information we get from Google Analytics only to improve the Website and our services. Google Analytics collects only the IP address assigned to you on the date you visit the Website. We do not combine the information collected through the use of Google Analytics with personally identifiable information.
Use and disclosure
In addition to providing our services, we may use or disclose personal information that we collect about you:
- for the purposes for which it was collected
- where you have consented to the use or disclosure
- to maintain our relationship with you
- for purposes related to our research, planning, service development, security and risk management
- where a third party acquires or wishes to acquire, or makes inquiries in relation to acquiring, an interest in Latin Career Club
- to the extent that we are required or authorised by law to do so
There will be occasions where Latin Career Club will need to disclose your personal information to third parties to provide the service you have requested. For example, if you request that we provide you with a professional resume, your personal information will be sent to one of our professional resume writers, who will carry out this work. We will take all necessary steps to ensure our writers and business partners keep your personal information private and confidential always.
- credit agencies
- our professional advisors, including accountants, auditors and lawyers
- our consultants and/or contractors
- our business partners, including the internship providers
Latin Career Club will take all reasonable steps to ensure that the data we collect, use or disclose is accurate, complete and up to date, and has been obtained directly from individuals or other reputable sources.
We use a number of mechanisms to protect the security and integrity of your personal information. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the internet can be guaranteed as completely secure. While we strive to protect such information, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us and you do so at your own risk. Once any personal information comes into our possession, we will take reasonable steps to protect that information from misuse and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
We use reasonable precautions to keep the information that is disclosed to us secure. But we cannot and will not be responsible for any breach of security by any third parties. Nor are we responsible for any actions of any third parties that receive any of the information that is disclosed to us. The Site may link to a variety of other websites and the Site may contain advertisements of third parties. We are not and cannot be responsible for the privacy policies of those websites of third parties or how they treat information about their users.
We are committed to being open about how we use personal information. Where our documents ask for personal information, we will generally state the purpose for its use and to whom it may be disclosed.
Sensitive information is a special category of personal information. It is information or an opinion about your:
- racial or ethnic origin
- political opinion
- membership of a political association or religious beliefs, affiliations or philosophical beliefs
- membership of a professional or trade association or membership of a trade union
- sexual orientation or practices
- criminal record
- health (at any time), genetic or biometric
Sensitive information can, in most cases, only be disclosed with your consent. We do not actively seek to collect sensitive information unless it is necessary for our business purposes. If we do have to collect sensitive information, we will do so in accordance with the Australian Privacy Principles.
Access to information
If you wish to request access to any other personal information which we hold about you because of our information collection practices outlined in this website privacy notice, please contact us by email to [email protected] and provide as much detail as you can about the information you seek to help us retrieve it. An access fee may be charged to cover the costs of providing the information to you.
If you have any questions or feedback about privacy, or wish to make a complaint about the way in which we have handled your personal information, please contact us by email to [email protected].